SAP APO Training
SAP APO is an acronym for Advanced Planner and Optimizer. This is a large component of SAP’s New Dimension products.There are eight application levels within SAP APO: network design, supply network planning, demand planning, production planning and detailed scheduling, transportation planning and vehicle scheduling, global availabilty and supply chain collaboration.
Basics of SAP , Advanced Planner & Optimizer (Week 1 )
- Basic SAP GUI Navigation
- Introduction to APO
- Why is APO required ?
- Basics of scenarios in other modules that require APO
- Transfer of Requirements from SD
- Historical Demand data
- Traditional Planning in PP
Demand Planning ( Week 2 )
- Overview of demand planning concepts and data structures
- Integrating SAP R/3 information structures with SAP APO InfoCubes (transferring aggregated historical data to SAP APO)
- Defining the planning levels for creating aggregated plans
- Generating master data (characteristics combinations and proportional factors)
- Configuring Demand Planning using planning areas, Planning Object Structures, planning books and macros
- Generating your own alerts using macros
- Collaborative Demand Planning (customer and manufacturer exchange data over the Internet)
- Demand planning using statistical forecasting, causal analyses, and composite forecasting
- Mass processing of planning activities in the background
- Releasing the Demand Planning results as planned independent requirements to Supply Network Planning and Production lanning and Detailed Scheduling.
Supplier Network Planning ( Week 3 )
- Overview of supply-chain planning (SNP) with SAP SCM(APO), integration with Demand Planning (DP) and Production Planning (PP/DS)
- Exchange master and transaction data with SAP ECC
- Create master data for Supply Network Planning Product interchangeability
- Configure Supply Network Planning and interactive planning using planning areas, planning books and macros
- Cooperative supply planning (data exchange of requirements between manufacturer and supplier over the Internet)
- Integrated exception management in the alert monitor
- Discuss the different planning methods: heuristics with capacity comparison, optimization, Capable-to-Match, VMI and aggregated planning.
- Plan alternative resources and finite supplier constraints Cross-plant safety stock planning
- Deployment: convert stock transport requisitions into feasible stock transfer orders. Optimize the short-term replenishment schedules for distribution centers and customers
- Transport Load Builder (TLB): summarize transfers by threshold values for volumes, weight and pallets.
- Delimitation to SAP SCM Transport Planning (TP/VS)
Production Planning & Detailed Scheduling ( PP/DS ) (Week 4 )
- Creating a sales order in the SAP ERP Central Component with availability check in SAP SCM (APO)
- Selecting the inspection method
- Representation and configuration of the basic methods in SAP SCM (APO): Product availability check
- Product allocation
- Representation and configuration of the enhanced methods in SAP SCM (APO): Combining basic methods
- Rule-based availability check (product, location,– and production process model substitutions)
- Calling up production as part of the availability check in SAP APO (Capable-To-Promise and Multilevel ATP Check)
- Backorder processing in SAP SCM (APO)
APO CORE INTERFACE ( CIF ) ( Week 5 )
- Architecture of the integration of ERP systems with SCM (APO) system (business system groups, logical systems, target systems, RFC destinations)
- Selection of the master data and transaction data to be transferred (generation of integration models in the APO Core Interface), and the transfer of the selected data (activation of integration models)
- Transfer of master data as an initial data transfer and as a change transfer (transfer from SAP R/3 of plants, distribution centers, customers, vendors, materials, work centers, routings, bills of materials)
- Transfer of transaction data as an initial data transfer and as a change transfer (stocks and orders from SAP R/3, as well as the retransfer of planning results to SAP R/3).
- Monitoring and error handling for the transfer (application log, qRFC monitor)